Sunday, April 27, 2008

The End, and Thank You

I suppose it's time to formalize what is already evident from my lack of posts: I'm basically done with the blog. I'm still having a lot of problems with my wrists, so I've been trying to avoid computer use as much as possible. Plus, the longer I'm here, the more things seem normal, and it gets harder to spot interesting things to write about. Thank you for reading and taking an interest, I really appreciate it. And a special thanks to those of you who sent e-mails and letters and packages-- every one is a huge morale boost. I apologize for my slow (or nonexistent) responses.

I can't believe it, but my two years here is nearing an end. I fly home on June 12. These last few weeks will be a flurry of finishing work projects and saying goodbye to friends.

I'll be traveling my first few weeks in the United States, but then I will be on home leave from July 17 through August 11. I'll be in Washington for some additional training from August 12 until the end of October. I hope to see all of you during this time!

At the end of October, I head to my next assignment in Kyiv, Ukraine. I don't plan to start a blog, but I'll probably sign up for Facebook to keep everyone updated on what I'm doing.

Thanks again, and see you soon!